There are entrepreneurs, who create and run businesses, and then there are inventors, who go through the painstaking process to come up with a new product and then spend significant time and resources to bring it to life. In this episode of The AMPLIFY Show, I’m talking with Katy Stoka, the inventor behind One Two Lash®, the world’s first magnetic lashes.
I’ve been a fan of these for a couple of years now – I love the ease of magnetic lashes before media appearances. And after being home for a couple months, these have been especially handy for last-minute client calls (because none of us are putting on a full face of makeup just to stay home every day).
Katy walks me through her story, from how she came up with the idea to the R&D process (even going to a home improvement store to buy her own magnets), all the way through to her really strong launch and tons of national press for her new brand.
Be sure to connect with Katy for weekly Instagram lives and Q&A sessions, and use the special code KATY20 for 20% off your purchase from One Two Cosmetics.
“You just gotta jump. And it was the scariest thing I ever did.” -Katy Stoka
Topics discussed with Katy Stoka on this episode of The AMPLIFY Show:
- [2:18] Katy’s “Shower Story”
- [5:11] Leaving a successful job to pursue a new idea
- [6:45] What to do when things don’t go to plan
- [8:40] Leaning on family and friends for initial investments
- [10:00] R&D process and creating a strategic launch plan
- [11:00] Getting the right people excited about your launch
- [12:30] Perks of staying scrappy with public relations
- [15:50] How to handle growing pains
- [18:00] What comes after the first invention