In today’s Biz Pep Talk, I’m talking about the trap many mom entrepreneurs find themselves in and how to break free from it: trading time for money.
I share how I transitioned my business from one that required a lot of my physical time and also drained my energy, leaving me without as much to give to my family, to one that gives me a lot of freedom and the ability to scale up or down depending on my season, desire, or needs.
In this episode I cover:
- The traditional “time for money” business model that leverages growing a team to get more time and why this doesn’t always work for many of us – especially moms who want to pour into their homes & families more than an office/large teams
- The mindset shift of viewing money as potentially limitless vs. time, which is completely finite
- How to make more impact and income by sharing your knowledge or expertise in an online course
- Simple questions to ask to figure out what kind of course you could create and sell to others
- The positive ways this business model has impacted my company and my life and how you can get started doing it for yourself
- The exact method I use to create a course that doesn’t require a ton of time or money before getting your first paid customers (can be found at emilyrichett.com/courseapply)
If this episode resonates with you, let me know over on Instagram @theamplifyshow!