On today’s episode of The AMPLIFY Show, I chat with Liz Della Croce, a food, travel, lifestyle blogger who just celebrated the 10 year anniversary of her blog, The Lemon Bowl.
Liz was in the blogging game before people were really monetizing it, so she has some great insight into how the blogging and influencer industries have changed in the last decade. We also talk about how we’ve weathered the COVID storm, as we both had to take on homeschooling while running our businesses. (Spoiler: while my business tanked at first, Liz saw an explosion on her website and social media like never before!)
Liz also co-hosts the Irie Lemon Podcast with Vincent Mcintosh. I had the privilege of chatting with Liz and Vince on their show, so stay tuned for that episode airing in the next couple weeks!
“Get into motion… that’s how you’ll learn and that’s how you’ll correct. People care less about production quality than if you’re providing value and if it’s useful to them.” -Liz Della Croce
Topics discussed on this episode of The AMPLIFY Show:
- [2:51] Starting a blog and the value of evergreen content
- [4:45] How long it took Liz to make her first $100
- [8:30] Working from home and finding the motivation to run a business
- [9:00] How Liz acquired her first clients
- [10:30] Channeling energy into growing a business during hardships
- [13:00] A beautiful Instagram does not equal a profitable business
- [14:30] How Liz’s blog blew up overnight at the start of shelter in place orders
- [18:30] Silver linings
- [20:20] What Liz wishes she knew when she started her business
- [23:00] Production vs. value
- [25:30] “Focus on what requires your creative genius and outsource the rest”